Happiest Baby is a mission-driven company helping parents raise healthy, happy children, and saving lives. We make SNOO, the world’s first smart sleeper and the safest baby bed ever made—proven to add 1-2 hours of sleep per night—and develop landmark products, content, and services.
Our CEO is the renowned pediatrician, Dr. Harvey Karp, author of the best-selling parenting guide,The Happiest Baby on the Block. SNOO was built with a team of MIT engineers and celebrated designers. It is the most awarded baby product in history and has been exhibited in 5 of the world’s top art museums (e.g. SF MOMA, London Design Museum).
Happiest Baby is looking for a talented Senior Design Lead with curiosity, experience, and a proven track record in designing multi-platform solutions across various channels (including web, mobile, email, social, print).
As a Design Lead, your work will be foundational to all marketing and product visuals. You’ll combine versatile aesthetic sensibilities (particularly sophistication and whimsy), mastery of design-related tools, great attention to detail, commitment to quality, love of collaboration, and a passion for working on projects of high purpose with focused and good-spirited teammates.
This position will report to the EVP of Brand Development.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Brainstorm and collaboratively develop art direction of marketing campaigns
- Design original pieces, including illustrations and infographics
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all marketing projects
- Keep up-to-date with design and digital trends, contemporary tools and best practices
- Manage projects through conceptualization to on-time, final production (e.g. sales literature, advertising, website, social, presentations, newsletters, trade show materials/displays/graphics, product packaging, marketing collateral, brochures, websites, user manuals, logos, website layout)
- Conduct press checks for important print collateral projects
- Maintain organized files and archive projects as needed, according to department procedures
- Source and manage outside design agencies
- Work closely and collaboratively with the founders, marketing team and agencies
- Manage and enhance our brand guidelines across platforms, ensuring consistency of brand and visual identity
- Manage junior designers
Desired Skills, Experience and Requirements
- 4-5 years of relevant experience
- Mastery of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Background in multi-platform marketing design (product packaging design experience, a plus)
- Strong project management skills, ability to see projects through from inception to production
- Good brand instinct and intuition
- Ability to meet deadlines of a high-pressure environment and work long hours when necessary
- Thrives in a fast paced, highly-collaborative environment that requires the ability to multi-task, execute many high priority initiatives and navigate ambiguity
- Elevated attention to detail, creative thinker and problem solver with great communication skills
- Team player dedicated to continual learning who sees critical feedback as an opportunity to improve and flourish
- Consumer products, ecommerce and startup experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience with app design a plus (but not required)
- Competitive health/dental/eyecare plan
- Daily catered lunches
- Take-what-you-need vacation
- Dog-friendly environment
- Indoor-outdoor workspace
- Working with a great team that is literally saving babies’ lives!