Senior Embedded Engineer
- Los Angeles, CA
- Full Time
- Product Development
Happiest Baby is a mission-driven company helping parents raise healthy, happy children and saving lives. We created SNOO, the world's first smart sleeper and the safest baby bed ever made and are also making/developing many more landmark products, content, and services.
SNOO is proven to add 1-2 hours of sleep per night and to help protect babies from SIDS (which kills 3500 sleeping babies/year). SNOO has won more top awards than any other baby product, helped hundreds of thousands of parents, is used in over 100 hospitals, is a top benefit at scores of companies, and has been exhibited in six of the world's top museums (including being invited into the permanent collection of the Smithsonian Institution!).
Happiest Baby was founded by America’s most trusted pediatrician, Dr. Harvey Karp, and his entrepreneur wife, Nina Montée-Karp. Dr. Karp’s celebrated books/videos have helped millions of parents and are translated into over thirty languages. Released in 2016, SNOO is the result of a collaboration between Dr. Karp, award-winning industrial designer Yves Behar (founder of SF-based, Fuseproject) and Dr. Deb Roy (Director, Laboratory for Social Machines, MIT Media Lab).
Happiest Baby is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, self-starter and knowledge-hungry embedded engineer for our breakthrough consumer products. We’re looking for someone with a background in consumer electronics and a passion for delivering innovation within the constraints of embedded technologies. You will be an integral part of the engineering team to deliver real, immediately impactful products that help children and families be healthier and happier – join us!
Responsibilities & Duties
- Design and test new code in C for bare metal and RTOS systems
- Work with hardware tools such as oscilloscope, signal generator and others to implement and debug the software
- Utilize Git version control system to manage product revisions
- Create documentation and perform design and code reviews as needed
- Help with integration of the embedded subsystem with the rest of the system modules such as Mobile App and Backend
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
- Read schematics and datasheets
- Support software QA team
Qualifications & Skills
- 5+ years of embedded software development
- BS in Computer Science, EE, or related field
- Strong software/hardware debugging skill sets
- Exposure to Linux OS and build tool chain will be a plus
- Experience with Linux kernel, device drivers and BSP development will be a plus but is not required
- Familiarity with basic audio algorithms
- Experience with FOC for BLDC motors will be a plus
- Python, Jenkins, Docker familiarity preferred
- Competitive compensation
- Top notch health/dental/eyecare plan
- 401(k) plan
- Daily catered lunches
- Take-what-you-need vacation
- Dog-friendly environment
- Indoor-outdoor workspace
- Working with a great team that is literally saving babies’ lives!