Lead Software Architect; Web and Mobile
- Los Angeles, CA
- Full Time
- Product Development
Happiest Baby is a mission-driven company helping parents raise healthy, happy children and saving lives. We created SNOO, the world's first smart sleeper and the safest baby bed ever made and are also making/developing many more landmark products, content, and services.
SNOO is proven to add 1-2 hours of sleep per night and to help protect babies from SIDS (which kills 3500 sleeping babies/year). SNOO has won more top awards than any other baby product, helped hundreds of thousands of parents, is used in over 100 hospitals, is a top benefit at scores of companies, and has been exhibited in six of the world's top museums (including being invited into the permanent collection of the Smithsonian Institution!).
Happiest Baby was founded by America’s most trusted pediatrician, Dr. Harvey Karp, and his entrepreneur wife, Nina Montée-Karp. Dr. Karp’s celebrated books/videos have helped millions of parents and are translated into over thirty languages. Released in 2016, SNOO is the result of a collaboration between Dr. Karp, award-winning industrial designer Yves Behar (founder of SF-based, Fuseproject) and Dr. Deb Roy (Director, Laboratory for Social Machines, MIT Media Lab).
Happiest Baby, Inc. (HBI) is looking for a Lead Software Architect to define and drive our Web and Mobile products. This role will be responsible for the company’s product portfolio of software solutions across the organization.
- Work with key stakeholders to define the software roadmap
- Define and communicate the software product strategy and oversee the execution and delivery
- Act as the voice of the vision to ensure we are building the right products
- Lead HBI’s EU Development team to define features, priorities and deliverables of the projects
- Collaborate with a cross functional team of Software Developers, DevOps, QA, as well as product and project managers
- Monitor and improve overall infrastructure scalability, availability and security
- Work closely with the Embedded, Product and AI teams to define integrations, deliverables and schedules
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience leading Web and Mobile product development in large consumer facing environments
- Experience with modern microservices architecture
- Experience with SaaS integration services for analytics, CI/CD, etc
- Working knowledge of NodeJS, Go, AWS, K8s, etc
- Expert in development, architecture and security best practices
- Proficient in IoT cloud architectures and connected devices
Working knowledge of Agile development processes
- Competitive compensation
- Top notch health/dental/eyecare plan
- 401(k) plan
- Daily catered lunches
- Take-what-you-need vacation
- Dog-friendly environment
- Indoor-outdoor workspace
- Working with a great team that is literally saving babies’ lives!